Guidelines: Read First!!

Get help on issues related to the book here!
jamescho7
Site Admin
Site Admin

Guidelines: Read First!!

Postby jamescho7 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:37 pm

Welcome to the help forum for the book The Beginner's Guide to Android Game Development. This is the right place to ask for help with debugging and help others find a solution! You may also ask questions related to any topic covered in the book.

Before you start a new thread, read through the other threads and check the list of known errors at jamescho7.com/book/errata. Your question may have already been asked!

I. Follow a couple of guidelines to get help!

1. Write a good title and include a label. For example: "[Chapter 8] Can't get SurfaceView to work."
2. Inlude a relevant page number if applicable.
3. Clearly state your problem or questions. What are you trying to do? What do you need more explanation on? What isn't working?
4. Be patient. Give us some time to look at your problem.
5. If sharing code, please enclose your examples in the coding tag:

Code: Select all

System.out.println("All code should go inside the [code] tag!");
6. Follow up. If you were able to solve your issue, let us know so that others with similar problems can reference your work.
7. Give back! Help others debug their code! You will make someone's day. :D

II. Follow these guidelines when helping others:

1. Be friendly. When someone is having trouble with code, the last thing they need is hostility.
2. Be patient. What you may think to be a trivial problem may not be trivial for others!

Thank you for helping us maintain a helpful, friendly environment!

Rickycook
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Guidelines: Read First!!

Postby Rickycook » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:54 am

Thank you for sharing this guideline information here. Anyway your guideline helped me lot and I hope it will help other reader too. From your post I could collect some information.

essay writing service reviews

Return to “Book General Help”