Before you start a new thread, read through the other threads and check the list of known errors at jamescho7.com/book/errata. Your question may have already been asked!
I. Follow a couple of guidelines to get help!
1. Write a good title and include a label. For example: "[Chapter 8] Can't get SurfaceView to work."
2. Inlude a relevant page number if applicable.
3. Clearly state your problem or questions. What are you trying to do? What do you need more explanation on? What isn't working?
4. Be patient. Give us some time to look at your problem.
5. If sharing code, please enclose your examples in the coding tag:
6. Follow up. If you were able to solve your issue, let us know so that others with similar problems can reference your work.
Code: Select all
System.out.println("All code should go inside the [code] tag!");
7. Give back! Help others debug their code! You will make someone's day.
II. Follow these guidelines when helping others:
1. Be friendly. When someone is having trouble with code, the last thing they need is hostility.
2. Be patient. What you may think to be a trivial problem may not be trivial for others!
Thank you for helping us maintain a helpful, friendly environment!